Breathing Love: Meditation in Action by Jennie Lee
2018 Best Book Award Winner: Self Help / Motivational (American Book Fest)
2018 IAN Book of the Year Award Finalist: Spirituality/ Inspirational
2018 I & I Book Awards Semi-Finalist: Instructional and Insightful Non-fiction
Offering hope to a world in turmoil, Breathing Love is a guide to practicing love even when it's not easy and even when we don't know how. With the goal of greater inner peace, outer harmony and deeper connection, Lee changes how we look at love; from something to be acquired, to something we embody with intention.
Whether in a relationship or not, in the prime of life or nearing death, you'll be encouraged to move beyond the pain, pride, and fear that keep you from real love. The short, accessible meditation practices offered in Breathing Love, provide inner solace and a deep sense of purpose.
Part One offers compassionate wisdom for expanding the experience of love within yourself and asks you to contemplate what might be keeping you from full capacity loving. It also explores the difference between your usual yet limited sense of self, and your unified greater Self, experienced through compassionate action and divine kindness.
Part Two asks you to consider that your truest life purpose lies in offering a more expansive, less personal love into every relationship and circumstance of daily life. It also addresses periods of self-evaluation, such as during major life transitions and near the end of life, and how you can embrace these with peaceful resolve, and leave a legacy of pure love behind.
Through intimate personal stories from Jennie's own life, you'll feel deeply assured that this call to love in action is possible no matter what life presents. Using the meditative practices given in each chapter is easy, whether you're a seasoned practitioner or new to meditation. Each of these creates greater spiritual intimacy within yourself and more authentic connection with others. By making life a meditation of breathing love, not only will you find yourself, but you will find all the love you ever desired.
Key Themes include:
- How to live fearlessly in the consciousness of love
- How to develop receptivity to divine love through meditation
- How to know and live from one's most loving self
- How to practice love in daily life
- How to integrate spirituality and physical life through conscious loving
- How to overcome the ego and access the soul for greater peace
- How to love beyond one's current limitations
- How to have a deeper relationship with the Source of all love
- How to spiritualize relationships through more unconditioned love
- How to experience non-personal love for all beings
- How to find ultimate purpose in living a love directed life
"In Breathing Love, Jennie paints the picture of life beyond fear andanxiety and gives us the practical skills to make it happen. We arestanding on the precipice of this new reality, and she shows us the way. This book will help each one of us fulfill our ultimate purpose andlive in what can only be called a heaven on earth."―Cherie Healey,Possibilitarian